Monday, 24 August 2015

Love, Rosie


Hello world! It's morning again. Before starting the productive days ahead, would like to share some thought here. Well, after almost a month sparing my times for it, finally last night I finished reading the novel of Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern, yey :) and ended by falling in love more with the book version rather than the film. but they both actually leave the same feeling for me, the story was just too sweet yet heart-breaking all at once, fortunately they ended in a happy way though it takes 50 years due to the book version.

I always wonder why the title is Love, Rosie? Not Love Rosie? and finally found the answer after reading this. I like the way Cecelia tells the stories only through the letters, chatting, and email that've been written by the characters on this novel. The way she arranges the words and how Rosie can write every detail that happens in her life becomes so entertaining. This book will show you how people can fall in love only through letters that written upon papers.. a screen of computer.. or a phone.. for 50 years and through miles! America - Ireland, it sweets :)

I love the way Cecelia tells the stories about family, friendship, and lovers - bond between the characters on it. The Dunne Family, The friendship bond between Alex - Rosie, Katie - Toby, or Rosie - Ruby. Life happens that way, some taste sweets, some may bitter. But when you hold on and have a patience, we all will get what we deserve. You guys should read it too! I recommend you. I bet you will get so many (wise) quotes about life after reading this book wkwk :P

There’s something completely unnerving about seeing your parents upset. I suppose it’s because they’re supposed to be the strong ones, but that’s not just it. Ever since people are kids they use their parents as some sort of  measurement for how bad a situation is. When you fall on the ground really hard and you can’t figure out whether it hurts or not you look to your parents. If they look worried and rush toward you, you cry. If they laugh and smack the ground saying “Bold ground,” then you pick yourself up and get on with it.

Parents are the barometers of emotions for children and it has a domino effect. I had never seen my mum cry so much in all of my life which scared me and made me cry which scared Katie and made her cry. We all cried together.

As for Dad, he was supposed to live forever. The one who could open all the jar lids nobody else could, who fixed whatever was broken, was supposed to do that forever. The man who let me sit on his shoulders, climb on his back, chase me around while making monster noises, throw me in the air and catch me, spin me around so much until I felt dizzy and fell over laughing.

And in the end without being able to say thank you and a proper goodbye, my final memories of him turn into coffin sizes and medical forms.

There’s nothing more uplifting than to hear the sound of an innocent child being so happy in a place that people are sad. It reminds you that life goes on and on and on, just not for the one you’re saying good-bye to. People come and people go and we know this happens, yet we get such a shock when it does. To use that old clich√©, the only certainty in life is death. It’s a certainty, it’s the one condition of living that we’re given but we often let it tear us

Have a good day peeps! Don't forget to feed your days by reading too :)
Share:

1 comment: